Sumary of Daughter of 70-year-old who died awaiting emergency care says broken system killed her ‘warrior’ mom:
- , hospital emergency waiting room after a six-hour wait for care.
- She had three sons and two daughters, loved her grandchildren and had lived in Kamloops since 1987. “Nobody wants to die in a waiting room.
- Hall told CBC that she’s angry, but not at the nurses or doctors of Royal Inland Hospital who rushed to her mother’s side when her pulse began to fade.
- She’s angry that the health-care system failed her mother and says she wants it fixed.
- 8 in the emergency waiting room at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops.
- (Submitted by Bonnie Marie Hall) She is demanding the province provide more support, staff and money for hospitals like Royal Inland.
- ‘Standing room only’ Hall said Tasson was suffering from severe stomach pain when her daughter brought her to Royal Inland Hospital just after 8 p.
- Tasson was triaged by hospital staff and her vital signs were taken.