Sumary of ‘Deserve to party’: New vaccine exemption:
- Currently, unvaccinated people are unable to enter many public premises in NSW.
- Today Premier Dominic Perrottet revealed they would have to wait until December 15, or the 95 per cent double vaccination threshold – whichever comes first – to gain the same freedoms as the rest of society.
- For now, state officials still believe the risk of having unvaccinated young people entering venues is too high.
- According to the Department of Health, two people under the age of 19 have died with Covid since the beginning of the pandemic.
- “It makes no sense to give boosters to healthy adults, or to vaccinate children, when health workers, older people and other high-risk groups around the world are still waiting for their first dose.
- Despite having met previously set targets, NSW officials believe vaccination rates are too low in the state’s regional areas for interstate travel to resume as normal.