Sumary of Despairing Parents Find Ways to Get Their Youngest Children Covid Vaccines:
- A resident of Clive, Iowa, Ms. Vong Reiff bundled Logan, 9, and Quentin, 5, into her car and raced west on Interstate 80 to the clinic, where her sons received their first shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
- As the highly contagious Delta variant has taken hold, dozens of schools around the country have closed classrooms or paused sessions, especially in states with low vaccination rates.
- Forty-eight million children in the United States are under 12 and not eligible yet for a vaccine endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Covid-related emergency room visits and hospital admissions also increased among children in mid-August, according to a second C.
- Those visits and admissions occurred 3.4 and 3.7 times more in the states with lower vaccination rates.
- emergency use authorization for that age group, Ms. Longley said Friday.
- emergency-use authorization for that age group by the end of this year.
- 23, the Food and Drug Administration granted full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine for people 16 and up, paving the way for an increase in mandates in both the public and private sectors.