Sumary of Gaza kidney patients endure lack of supplies:
- Patients receive treatment at the department of kidney dialysis at al-Shifaa hospital in Gaza City, on Nov.
- The lack of treatment sessions has a direct impact on patients’ health, since they lack the “erythropoietin” hormone that’s responsible for the industrial formation of red blood cells in the body.
- Al-Akhras has not received the hormone for three months and he is now fearing he would get anemia as a result.
- However, she could not receive external blood units as an alternative to the hormone because this would prevent her from performing the medical operation, leaving her in a state of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Doctors and specialists said the increased number of people with kidney failure results from high blood pressure, diabetes, urinary tract infections and the formation of stones.