Sumary of How to Support Your Child’s Mental Health:
- Children and young teens haven’t been spared the current mental health crisis sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic..
- In this context, parents and other caregivers have a special role to play in safeguarding their children mental health..
- Many parents may hesitate to get involved in tending to their kids’ mental health, understandably not wanting to blur the roles of parent and therapist..
- But caregivers inevitably play a big role in their children well-being, including their mental and emotional health..
- The role of parents in their children mental wellness took on special significance for me when my own daughter went through a 2-year bout of intense anxiety and panic, which came out of the blue as she started second grade..
- Ada found tremendous benefit in weekly sessions with a wonderful therapist, and her teachers and school counselor were extremely helpful and supportive….