Sumary of Jab campaign goes to brave little ones:
- The health directorate inoculated 120 schoolchildren, aged 12-17, with Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine yesterday as part of the trial run prior to largescale campaign.
- Health Minister Zahid Maleque inaugurated the rollout as the chief guest in Manikganj’s Colonel Malek Medical College Hospital around noon.
- Of those vaccinated yesterday, 50 students each were from Government High School and SK Government Girls High School, and 10 each were from Jatir Janak Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman High School of Sadar upazila and Garpara Zahid Maleque High School.
- Mobassir Rahman Rafid, Afnan Azad, Israt Jahan Joynab and Tasmia Akter were among the first to receive the shots.
- But there was a fear of getting Covid-19. We will stay relaxed now after receiving the vaccine,” said Israt Jahan, a 10th-grader of SK Government Girls High School.
- Then the campaign will be expanded to 20 other districts under which around 30 lakh schoolchildren will get the Pfizer jabs, they added.
- Speaking at the event, Zahid Maleque said the government will vaccinate 30 lakh schoolchildren initially.
- ” Prof Abul Bashar Mohammad Khurshid Alam, director general of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), other health and administrative officials, among others, were present at the event.