Sumary of Moderna asks FDA to expand emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine to include kids ages 12-17:
- However, recent Phase III clinical trial data showed no children who were given the immunization fell ill with the virus within 14 days of their second dose, while four children given the placebo later tested positive..
- It comes exactly four weeks after Pfizer-BioNTech received approval from the FDA to administer its vaccine to children between ages 12 and 15..
- As of Thursday, more than seven million US children between ages 12 and 17 have received at least one dose of the vaccine..
- Moderna Inc has asked the FDA to expand emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine to Americans between ages 12 and 17..
- A healthcare worker holds a vial of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine at a pop-up vaccination site in New York City, January 29 Recent clinical trial data found that the vaccine was 100 percent safe and effective in younger teens..
- ‘We are encouraged that the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was highly effective at preventing COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection in adolescents..
- We remain committed to helping to end the COVID-19 pandemic.’ Children are often the last group to be tested during clinical trials because they are not merely little adults..
- In addition to appearing to be 100 percent effective after two doses, the vaccine was found to be 93 percent effective after one dose….