Sumary of New Studies Show Unvaccinated Are 11 Times More Likely to Die of COVID-19:
- New U.S. studies released Friday show that COVID-19 vaccines provide strong protection against hospitalizations and death, even in cases involving the highly contagious delta variant.
- The CDC also released two other studies that show vaccine protection appearing to wane in older populations, particularly those 75 and older.
- The studies also show an increase in milder COVID-19 infections among fully vaccinated people.
- In other developments Friday, Denmark lifted the last of its COVID-19 restrictions.
- In France, former French Health Minister Agnes Buzyn was charged Friday over her handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Agence France-Presse.
- ” French officials Friday also unveiled new restrictions for U.S. travelers not vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- Those travelers now must show “pressing grounds for travel” in addition to the previous requirement of a negative COVID-19 test.
- In South Africa, health officials began vaccinating children, taking part in clinical trials of China’s Sinovac Biotech inoculation for children 6 months to 17 years.