Sumary of New York’s Times Square welcomes partiers on NYE – as long as you don’t drop the ball on getting vaccinated:
- NYC to begin vaccinating children aged 5-11 Fox News contributor Lara Trump questions why children are being forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and reacts to a former Obama aide warning Democrats not to let the GOP become the ‘party of parents.
- “We want to welcome all those hundreds of thousands of folks, but everyone needs to be vaccinated,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said.
- Year after year, people watching New York City’s New Year’s Eve celebration are told by city dignitaries and TV personalities that they are watching a million people gathered in Times Square.
- The AP asks experts whether it is actually possible to fit that many people into the viewing areas.
- “NYC WORKERS VACCINE MANDATE PROTEST SHUTS DOWN BROOKLYN BRIDGE TRAFFIC INTO MANHATTAN Although the police are charged with the responsibility to confirm people are fully vaccinated (in addition to crowd control), the Times noted it will be a logistical puzzle to solve exactly how they will do it.
- Children younger than five years old will need to be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- In a recent news conference, De Blasio rationalized the vaccine requirements because of the duration of the New Year’s event and the diversity of people that descend onto Times Square from around the world.
- “When you’re outdoors with a few hundred thousand people packed close together for hours on end, it’s a different reality,” the mayor said.