Sumary of Nurse’s damning letter before girl’s death:
- The death of a seven-year-old girl at Perth Children hospital on Saturday has stoked anger and grave concerns about the state of medical care in WA..
- Aishwarya Aswath died after spending two hours waiting for treatment in the hospital emergency department, after being rushed to hospital with a fever..
- The average wait time at the hospital is 72 minutes, and the AMA says sick children are supposed to be seen within an hour — but doctors didn’t get around to treating her for two painfully long hours..
- In a letter dated March 9, emergency nurses at WA only dedicated children hospital warned they had “grave concerns regarding the staffing levels and safety within our department”..
- Hospitals in Perth have experienced record levels of ambulance ramping in recent months and patients have experienced severe delays..
- The government has blamed increased demand for mental health treatment, staff shortages and stricter cleaning protocols linked to the pandemic…