Sumary of One million extra Moderna doses to boost vaccine rollout for children aged 12-17:
- Anton NilssonNCA NewsWireCamera IconPrime Minister Scott Morrison called a press conference to announce his government had secured one million Moderna doses.
- The one million extra doses were sourced from European Union member states, the Prime Minister said.
- “Families will now be able to go along together to their pharmacy to get their vaccinations,” Scott Morrison said.
- They were secured by Australian diplomats working closely with counterparts at the European Commission and in Sweden and Norway, the Prime Minister’s office said in a press release.
- “I want to thank Moderna for their support to these arrangements, as well as Norway and Sweden who have helped facilitate this deal over the course of these last few weeks,” Mr Morrison told reporters on Sunday.
- Some of the doses will be earmarked for Victoria, Mr Morrison said.
- Camera IconPrime Minister Scott Morrison called a press conference to announce his government had secured one million Moderna doses.