Sumary of Partnership between HHS, ASN has power to ‘dramatically change’ kidney care:
- September 10, 2021 2 min read Source/Disclosures Published by: Source: Levine RL.
- Disclosures: Healio Nephrology was unable to determine relevant financial disclosures prior to publication.
- Back to Healio KidneyX, a public-private partnership forged by HHS and the American Society of Nephrology, is uniquely poised to spur change in kidney care, Rachel L.
- “Kidney X brings together the best of what the private sector can do: nimbly convene, redesign and implement innovative solutions that our greatest problem solvers are primed to do,” she said.
- “It also brings together the best our government can do across sectors to help implement massive grand-scale change.
- Levine suggested the progress made by KidneyX proves that these types of programs and partnerships can effectively adapt to changes and develop solutions that benefit patients.
- Advancement of equitable kidney care through policy change “Moreover, many of the changes and innovations that HHS is leading toward focus on a key priority of the Biden administration and myself, which is health equity,” she said, defining health equity as the “consistent and systemic fair and impartial treatment of all individuals.
- To this end, Levine cited efforts by CMS to reduce health equity gaps, such as providing Medicare patients with greater access to care by fixing payment rates, making changes to the ESRD Quality Incentive Program and modifying the ESRD Treatment Choices model.