Sumary of Pfizer and BioNTech to request emergency authorization from FDA for Covid vaccine:
- Represents a critical milestone in our journey to deliver a COVID-19 vaccine to the world and we now have a more complete picture of both the efficacy and safety profile of our vaccine, giving us confidence in its potential,”.
- Friday’s announcement came two days after Pfizer said a final data analysis found its coronavirus vaccine with BioNTech was 95% effective in preventing Covid, was safe and appeared to fend off severe disease..
- The final analysis evaluated 170 confirmed Covid infections among the late-stage trial’s more than 43,000 participants..
- The companies said 162 cases of Covid were observed in the placebo group versus eight cases observed in the group that received its two-dose vaccine..
- Its vaccine contains genetic material called messenger RNA, or mRNA, which scientists expect provokes the immune system to fight the virus….