Sumary of Qld Covid update: five new cases as Annastacia Palaszczuk flags possible lockdown:
- The new cases of the Delta variant are all members of the same family who live across two households, including a 13-year-old schoolgirl from Sunnybank.
- Aged care and disability care facilities, hospitals, and prisons in south Brisbane now have visitor restrictions and anyone with symptoms is being urged to get tested, as authorities work to make sure they are on top of the outbreak.
- ⚠️ Public Health Alert ⚠️Queensland Health is issuing new contact tracing locations for:📍 Brisbane East 📍 Upper Mt Gravatt 📍 MacGregor 📍 Sunnybank 📍 Sunnybank Hills 📍 Nathan 📍 Acacia Ridge 📍 Rocklea 📍 SalisburyFull details can be found at: https://t.
- com/IjB1wbNK7D— Queensland Health (@qldhealthnews) September 10, 2021 Queensland’s chief health officer, Jeannette Young, thanked the children’s mother for getting her daughter tested when she complained of a headache.
- ”The mother works at Griffith University and attended the Nathan campus on Wednesday but saw “very few people”, Young said.
- The girl’s school, St Thomas More College at Sunnybank, was abruptly closed on Friday.