Sumary of Rapid COVID tests for NSW primary schools:
- Rapid Antigen Home Testing kits will be rolled out to NSW primary schools in a bid to minimise the time children and teachers spend isolating when they are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
- Education Minister Sarah Mitchell said the tests would help students and staff return to the classroom earlier when schools have positive cases.
- The targeted rollout will include more than 500,000 RAHT kits ready for rapid deployment to any primary school that records a positive case.
- Meanwhile, NSW recorded 262 new cases of COVID-19 and three deaths in the 24 hours to 8pm on Wednesday – up by 31 from the previous day.
- It’s the third consecutive day that numbers have inched higher, after Premier Dominic Perrottet warned cases and hospitalisations would increase.