Sumary of Teens Benefit With Less Screen Time, More Time With Sports and Art:
- 9, 2020 — Walking away from TV, laptops and cellphones and spending more time in sports and other extracurricular activities boosts teens’ mental health, Canadian researchers say..
- “Although we conducted this study before the COVID-19 pandemic, the findings are especially relevant now when teens may be spending more time in front of screens in their free time if access to extracurricular activities, like sports and arts programs, is restricted due to COVID-19,”.
- said lead author Eva Oberle, an assistant professor with the Human Early Learning Partnership at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver..
- “Finding safe ways for children and teens to continue to participate in these activities during current times may be a way to reduce screen time and promote mental health and well-being.”.
- Teens who took part in extracurricular activities were less likely to engage in screen-based activities for two or more hours after school…