Sumary of The 4 best sunscreens for kids and babies in 2021:
- Ingredients in sunscreen Getty The most common active ingredients found in chemical sunscreens in the United States are ensulizole, octisalate, homosalate, octocrylene, octinoxate, oxybenzone, and avobenzone.
- The most common active ingredients in physical sunscreens are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- As of right now, the FDA has classified only the active ingredients in physical sunscreens as generally recognized as safe and effective.
- They have not given this distinction to any of the active ingredients in chemical sunscreens, but this may change as they get more data.
- While the ingredients in chemical sunscreens have not been proven to be harmful, some parents prefer to go with the ingredients in physical sunscreens that are thought to be safe at this point.
- Two of the common chemical sunscreen ingredients have come under more scrutiny than the rest: oxybenzone and octinoxate.