Sumary of United Way KFL&A announces $3.6 million fundraising goal:
- The goal was revealed at Friday morning’s 2021 campaign kickoff.
- That’s a record amount to be raised, and 25 per cent higher than the 2020 campaign.
- “The past 18 months have been challenging and the United Way continues to evaluate the changing situation, knowing those challenges will persist beyond the pandemic,” says United Way KFLA campaign chair Dougall.
- ” Sisters of Providence donate $5M to help Kingston-area children, seniors Story continues below The United Way says the higher goal reflects growing needs in the community due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “So this year, more than ever, we’ve seen our agencies really struggle to meet with the growing demands,” says United Way KFLA president and CEO Bhavana Varma.