Sumary of Unvaccinated 11 Times More Likely to Die of COVID, New Studies Show:
- New U.S. studies released Friday show that COVID-19 vaccines provide strong protection against hospitalizations and death, even in cases involving the highly contagious delta variant.
- The CDC also released two other studies that show vaccine protection appearing to wane in older populations, particularly those 75 and older.
- The studies also show an increase in milder COVID-19 infections among fully vaccinated people.
- Mississippi’s Governor Tate Reeves, a Republican, said Friday that Biden’s federal vaccine requirements were “clearly unconstitutional” and that Mississippi would join other states in filing a lawsuit.
- Montana’s attorney general, Austin Knudsen, also promised Friday to fight the new federal vaccine mandate in court as soon as the full guidelines are released.
- Also Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned parents of young children not to seek to have children younger than 12 inoculated with currently available vaccines.
- The agency said several vaccine manufacturers are conducting vaccine trials involving children.
- “Children are not small adults,” the FDA said in a statement, “and issues that may be addressed in pediatric vaccine trials can include whether there is a need for different doses or different strength formulations of vaccines already used for adults.