Sumary of Vaccine Mandates are Here, Pediatric Incidence Rates Increase:
- President Biden announced last evening that he was going to direct the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which is part of the Department of Labor, to mandate that all employers in the United States with 100 or more employees to implement a mandate for all employees to get vaccines or face weekly testing.
- The other portions of his plan include:Further protecting the vaccinatedKeeping Schools safely openIncreasing testing &
- He noted that initially the pandemic had largely affected older people but it has now seen a great uptick in pediatric cases.
- “After declining in early summer, child cases have increased exponentially, with over 750,000 cases added between August 5 and September 2.”And with schools across the nation open for in-person learning there has a been a large increase in cases.
- Texas, for example, had at least 45 small school districts across the state forced to stop offering in-person classes as a result of COVID-19 cases in the first few weeks of the school year, according to the Texas Education Agency.
- In addition, from August 23-29, there were 27,353 new positive COVID-19 cases among students in Texas public schools, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- To combat this, schools and some states have been implementing mask mandates and one school district, the Los Angeles Unified School District, voted this week to require COVID-19 vaccines for eligible students.