Sumary of Virtual Infectious Diseases in Children Symposium will focus heavily on COVID-19:
- Kimberlin reports that he is the site principal investigator for Gilead Science remdesivir international study, which has 30 sites worldwide..
- Stagno, MD, Endowed Chair of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Children of Alabama, told Healio..
- “Using state-of-the-art technology to bring the meeting to the attendees, rather than the other way around, obviously is the only responsible way to go this year..
- And while we all will miss seeing and greeting one another in person, it will be a fun and interactive way to make sure the outstanding content of this year meeting helps pediatric practitioners in the management of their patients.”.
- In anticipation of this year meeting, we compiled a list of the top stories and videos from the 2019 symposium..
- It is important that pediatricians are able to identify presenting clinical features of acute flaccid myelitis, said Kevin Messacar, MD, pediatric infectious disease physician and researcher at Children Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado..
- Physicians historically have relied on arbitrary lengths of antibiotic therapy for a variety of infections in pediatric patients, according to Infectious Diseases in Children Editorial Board Member C…