Sumary of Alrizomadlin may restore efficacy of PD-1 blockade in immunotherapy-resistant tumors:
- Use of alrizomadlin with pembrolizumab appeared to restore the antitumor effects of the anti-PD-1 antibody among patients with melanoma resistant to or intolerant of immunotherapy, according to phase 2 study results..
- The findings, presented during the virtual ASCO Annual Meeting, also showed early antitumor activity among patients with malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor and liposarcoma..
- Alrizomadlin, a small-molecule MDM2-p53 antagonist, restores TP53 function and is a host immunomodulator and regulator of tumor immune escape mechanism, leading to enhanced T-cell mediated antitumor immunity..
- “Also, research evaluating whether MDM2 inhibitors somehow reprogrammed T cells showed reprogramming of STAT5 in T cells by MDM2 ultimately led to some antitumoral immune responses in preclinical models,”.
- 15 patients with immunotherapy-resistant non-small cell lung cancer and 10 patients with STK11-mutated lung adenocarcinoma;…