Sumary of Bone health, osteoporosis, and innovation:
- © iStock/Tharakorn National Osteoporosis Foundation Chief Medical Officer Dr Andrea Singer tells HEQ about the burden and treatment of osteoporosis..
- The National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), established in 1984, is the USA only national healthcare organisation focusing on osteoporosis and bone health..
- Through its National Bone Health Policy Institute, it aims to raise awareness of issues around bone health and drive advocacy at the policy level for patients affected by bone health and osteoporosis..
- Dr Andrea Singer, Chief Medical Officer of the NOF, tells HEQ about osteoporosis risk, treatment, prevention, and innovation..
- There are a variety of factors – both modifiable and nonmodifiable – that put you at risk for developing osteoporosis..
- It is important to talk with your healthcare provider about your risk factors for osteoporosis and together you can develop a plan to protect your bones..
- A woman risk of breaking a hip due to osteoporosis is equal to her risk of breast, ovarian and uterine cancer combined;.
- and a man aged 50 or older is more likely to break a bone due to osteoporosis than he is to get prostate cancer….