Sumary of Dalpiciclib-fulvestrant combination improves PFS in advanced breast cancer:
- The addition of dalpiciclib to fulvestrant appeared effective and safe for certain patients with advanced breast cancer, according to randomized phase 3 study results presented during the virtual ASCO Annual Meeting..
- The combination significantly improved PFS among patients with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer that progressed or relapsed after endocrine therapy..
- Binghe Xu, MD, director of the department of medical oncology at Cancer Hospital and Institute at Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College in Beijing, and colleagues wrote..
- Hyperactivity of the cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 4/6 pathway is common among patients with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer, and it is considered a key contributor to endocrine therapy resistance..
- Prior studies have shown the combination of CDK 4/6 inhibitors and endocrine therapy can extend survival among pretreated patients with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer whose disease progressed on endocrine therapy..
- Dalpiciclib (SHR6390, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.) — a novel CDK 4/6 inhibitor — demonstrated preliminary antitumor activity and also appeared tolerable as monotherapy for pretreated hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer..
- In the double-blind DAWNA-1 study, Xu and colleagues evaluated the agent in combination with fulvestrant as treatment for hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer that progressed or relapsed on prior endocrine therapy..
- The study included 361 patients with an ECOG performance status 0 or 1 who received up to one prior line of chemotherapy for recurrent or metastatic disease….