Sumary of Most men don’t know the symptoms of prostate cancer, poll finds:
- The majority of men are not aware of what any symptoms of prostate cancer look like, a new poll has found.
- Symptoms of prostate cancer include the need to pee more frequently, especially during the night, needing to rush to the toilet, and difficulty in starting to pee or weak urine flow.
- Other symptoms include feeling like the bladder has not emptied fully and blood in the urine or semen.
- If the cancer has become more advanced, other signs can include bone and back pain, a loss of appetite, testicular pain, and unintentional weight loss.
- The poll found that only one in eight men (13 per cent) spotted the most commonly-recognised symptom, which is feeling the need to urinate more frequently.