Sumary of New approvals for liver cancer mark ‘golden age’ of treatment:
- Finn reports consultant roles with AstraZeneca, Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, CStone Pharmaceuticals, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Exelixis, Genentech/Roche, Merck and Pfizer..
- Kelley reports compensated advisory board roles or independent data monitoring committee membership with Exact Sciences, Genentech/Roche and Gilead;.
- research funding or compensation for scientific advisory board and/or steering committee roles paid to her institution from Agios, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, EMD Serono, Exelixis, Merck, Novartis, Partner Therapeutics, QED, Relay Therapeutics and Taiho;.
- and consultant fees from AstraZeneca, Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celsion, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Exelixis, Genentech/Roche, Glycotest, Ipsen, Merck, Mina Alpha Ltd., Nucleix and Sirtex Medical..
- Based on an estimated 41,000 deaths, liver and intrahepatic bile duct cancer is poised to become the third most common cause of cancer-related death by 2040, surpassing colorectal cancer, according to results of a cross-sectional study published in April in JAMA Network Open..
- (Katie) Kelley, MD, professor of clinical medicine and chair of the data and safety monitoring committee in the division of hematology and oncology at UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, told HemOnc Today..
- “Year upon year we have increasing referrals for patients with hepatobiliary cancers, specifically hepatocellular carcinoma, but also intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma..
- Although this trend is troubling, progress in research over the last 15 years has increased optimism in the liver cancer community….