Sumary of Bird Flu Spreading: Here Are The Avian Influenza Outbreaks In Europe And Asia:
- Recently, Europe has experienced over 100 outbreaks of avian influenza.
- Outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza have recently been occurring in various parts of Europe and Asia.
- Highly pathogenic avian influenza ain’t just your run-of-the-mill bird flu.
- The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines “pathogenic” as “causing or capable of causing disease.
- ” Therefore, being called “highly pathogenic” by your friends would not be a compliment.
- Similarly, highly pathogenic avian influenza is essentially bird flu that is either highly capable of causing disease or can cause severe disease.
- Add to this number the outbreaks that have occurred in Asia and you’ve got even more than more than 100. So far, different highly pathogenic strains avian influenza have already made appearances in countries such as Norway, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
- The appearance of such strains on farms have led to rather large culls of poultry in attempts to prevent the virus from spreading further.