Sumary of Phil Collins says he can 'barely hold' a drumstick as his health continues to deteriorate:
- Phil Collins said he can no longer play the drums due to his deteriorating health.
- The musician is about to start a reunion tour with his band Genesis.
- British musician Phil Collins discussed how his deteriorating health has impacted his ability to perform live in a new video interview with the BBC.
- “I’m kind of physically challenged a bit, which is very frustrating because I’d love to be playing up there,” Collins told the broadcaster while discussing his band Genesis’ upcoming reunion tour.
- When asked whether he was still able to play the drums, Collins said: “I can barely hold a [drum] stick with this hand, so there are certain physical things which get in the way.
- ” Collins later added that he believed this upcoming reunion tour would probably be his last time on the road.
- Larry Hulst/Getty Images Collins, who is best known for his distinctive drumming style and is widely considered to be one of the most influential musicians of his generation, has suffered a series of serious physical injuries throughout his career.