Sumary of Why the Dentist-Hygienist Partnership is Critical to Oral Health and Office Success:
- © rh2010 / Adobe Stock Disclosure: This article is sponsored content from Heartland Dental as part of our sponsored partner program.
- Make sure to download your FREE dentist-hygienist partnership worksheet at the end of the article.
- From outside the dental industry, many may not understand the partnership between dentists and hygienists.
- To most, dental hygienists are the people who clean our teeth and nothing more.
- However, in reality, a high-functioning dental office knows that a hygienist’s role is much more than that.
- Hygienists are providers, and when utilized to the fullest capacity, they are periodontal therapists—they use their education and skills to support the whole patient and the patient’s whole health.
- In Heartland Dental supported offices, teams operate under founder Dr. Rick Workman’s mantra: do the right thing for the right reasons in the right working environment.
- Dr. Workman believed that the “right thing” was a strong provider partnership between dentists (doctors) and hygienists and the right reason: better patient care and education.