Sumary of 15 arrested for unemployment benefits fraud:
- (AP) — Fifteen Rhode Island residents have been charged with defrauding unemployment insurance programs tied to federal COVID-19 relief funds, U.S..
- Prosecutors said the suspects fraudulently filed unemployment insurance claims in some 11 states, totaling nearly $580,000..
- “It disgraceful that anyone would attempt to fraudulently obtain funds intended for hard-working Americans during the current health crisis,”.
- Prosecutors said some of the suspects were discovered after they took out large cash advances at Twin River Casino using out-of-state unemployment benefit cards, but then left without gambling..
- One Central Falls man made a $9,000 cash advance at the Lincoln casino using a California-issued unemployment benefits card….