Sumary of 2.2M Pfizer vaccines arrive in PH:
- VACCINE ARRIVALS Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd inspects the arrival of several boxes of Pfizer vaccines, part of the 2.2 million doses that arrived in Manila on June 10, 2021..
- The vaccines will be used in the A1 to A3 priority groups, which consist of frontline healthcare workers, senior citizens, and persons with co-morbidities..
- According to Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd, it is important to vaccinate these priority groups to prevent another surge that can pack emergency rooms and intensive care units..
- Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe,World Health Organization Philippine representative, said that the vaccination among senior citizens and persons with comorbidities should be accelerated to protect them from severe infection or death..
- “WHO urges the National Task Force and the local government units to establish mechanisms to increase accessibility to vaccination of the healthcare workers and elderly across the country,”…