Sumary of 2 BioNTech-Pfizer doses effective against delta:
- Asia-Pacific Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga is preparing to negotiate directly with the chief executive of Pfizer, local media reported.
- South Korea reported another daily high on Thursday, with 1,842 registered coronavirus cases.
- Africa A South African firm based in Cape Town will produce BioNTech-Pfizer vaccines for distribution across the continent, Pfizer announced.
- It surveyed 300 retailers who said they were eyeing community openings since people are more likely to enter local stores than visit downtown shopping centres.
- Americas New York City will require COVID-19 vaccinations or weekly tests for workers at city-run hospitals, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced at a news conference.