Sumary of 20m more Pfizer vaccines on the way:
- At least 20 million additional Pfizer vaccines have been secured by the federal government, after damning health advice recommended the AstraZeneca vaccine no longer be given to Aussies aged under 50 due to rare blood clots..
- Scott Morrison revealed Australia would now have access to a total of 40 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine this year..
- “The Australian government has secured overnight an additional 20 million doses of the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in line with the advice of the scientific advisory group on vaccines,”.
- His scathing attack follows the federal government announcing it would overhaul its vaccine plan in response to the health advice..
- The blow could not have come at a worse time for the government, which this week demanded the EU release a further 3.1 million AstraZeneca doses, saying the only holdup to the rollout was supply..
- “Australians won’t forget who is responsible for failing to deliver on what are his own promises and his own commitments when it comes to these issues.”…