Sumary of 3 rebels surrender in Apayao:
- KABUGAO, Apayao: The relentless effort of the government to put an end to insurgency in the country gained a big boost in the province following the recent surrender of three members of the New People’s Army’s Barrio Militia ng Bayan.
- The surrender was the result of the negotiations under the Regional Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict and the intercession of their family members.
- The three former members of Barrio Militia ng Bayan were properly documented in Kabugao, awaiting the application for the government’s assistance and livelihood opportunities for the returnees under the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program.
- BIFF member surrendersIn Datu Anggal Midtimbang, Maguindanao, a member of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) Karialan Faction surrendered to elements of the Joint Task Force Central Mindanao on Wednesday.
- “The former BIFF member identified as aka Badrul submitted himself to the troops of the 2nd Mechanized Infantry Battalion in Barangay Bagan, Datu Anggal Midtimbang, Maguindanao,” said Maj.