Sumary of 5 more fleeing Victorians caught in Qld:
- Police have caught five Victorians trying to illegally enter the Queensland, as the investigation into an infected Melbourne couple continues..
- Queensland Police have cracked down hard on people illegally crossing into the state, as police continue their investigation into the infected Melbourne couple who put three states on high alert..
- Deputy police commissioner Steve Gollschewski confirmed police were still waiting to interview the Victorian couple currently in isolation at the Sunshine Coast Hospital, but would have to wait until it was safe to do so..
- He also revealed five new people have been caught trying to illegally enter Queensland after being in Victoria..
- “That has been a combination of people not getting border passes, but also in some instances, people putting false declarations on their border passes,”.
- Two people were intercepted coming across the Goondiwindi border and have each been issued a $4003 fine for “failing to comply with directions”.
- “On top of that, we have had another male person who has come into Dalby via the Coolangatta border who has also been fined for having an untrue declaration on their border pass,”.
- Genome sequencing has shown the couple has the Kappa variant of Covid-19 which is slightly less infectious than the Delta variant, but still more infectious than previous variants seen across Australia….