Sumary of 55 arrested in COVID violations:
- Hawaii special agents have visited 3,200 hotel rooms to check on visitors required to quarantine and have arrested 55 for violating quarantine, the state reported Sunday..
- “But the primary focus of these operations is to educate travelers and to touch base during their quarantine periods and to address incidences of travelers attempting to work around the system.”.
- The special agents conducting quarantine checks work for the state Department of the Attorney General Investigation Division..
- Deputy Chief Special Agent Paul Jones said, “We’re just trying to keep people honest and accountable, and let residents know that even though enforcement is difficult with some visitors playing the system, so to speak, to avoid quarantine, we’re out there doing what we can to protect them.”.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Director of Security Jerry Dolak said in the news release that the predominant reason guests are required to quarantine is because they failed to use one of the state approved testing methods….