Sumary of 69 new COVID-19 cases reported in Waterloo Region, total cases reach 16,470:
- Waterloo Public Health reported 69 new positive tests for the coronavirus on Friday, lifting the total number of COVID-19 cases in the area to 16,470..
- Waterloo Region considered a priority hot spot for 2nd COVID-19 shots due to Delta variant In addition, another 48 people have also been cleared of the virus, as the number of resolved cases climbs to 15,799..
- For the second straight day, no new COVID-19 related deaths were reported, leaving the death toll at 258, including two in June..
- 2:01 Delta variant spreading through Canada raises reopening concerns Delta variant spreading through Canada raises reopening concerns The number of active cases continues to rise rapidly once again as there are now 405 in Waterloo Region..
- There are currently 32 people in area hospitals as a result of COVID-19 including 19 who are in intensive care..
- We are down to four active outbreaks in the area after a one was declared in an office setting where five people have caught the virus, while two others have ended including one at Forest Heights Long Term Care in Kitchener and one at a restaurant..
- Wateroo Region COVID-19 distribution task force reported there have now been 390,492 vaccinations in the region, 6,785 more than a day earlier..
- To make note, only 39,160 people have been fully vaccinated in Waterloo Region, so close to 1,000 residents were vaccinated elsewhere….