Sumary of 70,000 claims for Covid-19 disaster payment each day, Prime Minister says:
- The Prime Minister has revealed the federal government is receiving 70,000 claims for lockdown payments each day, with $32 million of emergency support paid out in the last 24 hours alone.
- After being put under fire for discontinuing the JobKeeper scheme from last year, Mr Morrison was quick to defend the new lockdown disaster payment scheme.
- ”Camera IconAfter being put under fire for discontinuing the JobKeeper scheme from last year, Mr Morrison was quick to defend the new lockdown disaster payment scheme.
- NCA NewsWire/Bianca De Marchi Credit: News Corp AustraliaWith three states now in lockdown, this number could surge even higher in the coming days.
- ”NSW is now in the turbulent throws of its fourth week of lockdown, with no end in sight.
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced 110 new cases of community transmission on Wednesday morning along with the lockdown of a number of areas in regional NSW.
- Camera IconSydney is now in throws of its fourth week of lockdown Toby Zerna Credit: News Corp AustraliaMr Morrison said the government has provided 452,395 grants of support to NSW so far, with 93 per cent of the claims being handled online.