Sumary of 959 contacts of infected Vic couple:
- Nearly 1000 people have been identified as contacts of an infected couple from Melbourne who escaped lockdown and drove to Queensland..
- Queensland Health has identified more than 950 contacts of a Melbourne couple who broke Victoria lockdown laws and have since tested positive to coronavirus..
- Queensland chief health officer Dr Jeanette Young said there were up to 402 close contacts of the husband and wife who are quarantined in Sunshine Coast University Hospital..
- The alarming number of contacts comes as Queensland faces a nervous 48 hours ahead waiting on results from more coronavirus tests..
- Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk appeared delighted to announce no new cases had been recorded on Friday morning, after 5953 tests were conducted on Thursday..
- Ms Palaszczuk told reporters on Friday.“So the next 24 to 48 hours, we’ll be monitoring that very closely.”.
- I don’t want to jeopardise that investigation, but we want to make our country and especially I want to make sure we are keeping Queenslander safe.”.
- Although the Victorian couple was not stopped from entering the state, Queensland Police Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski gave assurances vehicles are pulled over when crossing the border….