Sumary of A Boston Red Sox player said MLB told the team to stop testing for COVID-19 following a team outbreak:
- Boston Red Sox outfielder Hunter Renfroe said that MLB asked the team to stop testing players for COVID-19. The news comes after 11 players on the team were placed on the COVID-19 injured list.
- MLB denied Renfroe’s accusation and said he is “completely wrong and inaccurate.
- Major League Baseball told the Boston Red Sox to quit testing for COVID-19 and only treat coronavirus symptoms, according to Red Sox outfielder Hunter Renfroe.
- Renfroe broke the news while speaking on a WEEI radio show about the team’s ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
- “MLB basically told us to stop the testing and just treat the symptoms,” Renfroe said.
- ‘”Mouth agape, WEEI radio host Lou Merloni asked Renfroe to confirm that MLB told the team to stop testing players.
- Renfroe confirmed it once again, visibly confusing Merloni and his fellow radio host.