Sumary of A man hospitalized with COVID-19 told CBS he’d still rather be sick than get a shot – and it shows how hard it’ll be to convince everyone to get vaccinated:
- A Louisiana man hospitalized with COVID-19 told CBS he still wouldn’t get vaccinated.
- Scott Roe said he didn’t regret not getting the vaccine and would rather be hospitalized than get it.
- A Louisiana man who contracted COVID-19 and wound up hospitalized said he would rather be ill than get vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- No,” Scott Roe told CBS News as he lay in a bed getting supplemental oxygen at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge.
- TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThe father and small-business owner recently caught COVID-19 and developed pneumonia, but he said he still would not have gotten vaccinated if that meant he could have prevented the infection.
- “I would have gone through this, yes sir,” Roe, who said he’s a Republican, told CBS News’ David Begnaud.
- “When Begnaud asked what was being shoved, Roe said, “Their agenda is to get you vaccinated.
- Each of the vaccines approved for emergency use in the US is effective in preventing COVID-19 – especially severe illness and death – and reduces the risk of people spreading the virus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.