Sumary of A Michigan TV anchor says he was 'unceremoniously let go' because he didn't want to share a studio unmasked with colleagues:
- TV anchor Frank Turner said in a Facebook post Thursday he was “let go” from Michigan’s WNEM.
- WNEM told Insider it didn’t fire Turner and wished him “the best of luck in his future endeavors.
- A Michigan TV anchor says he was “unceremoniously let go” from a news station after saying he wouldn’t share a studio with colleagues while being unmasked.
- Frank Turner announced he was leaving Michigan’s WNEM in a Facebook post on Thursday.
- “Turner told Insider via email on Friday that he has spent most of the coronavirus pandemic alone in a separate studio from his colleagues, and issues arose when WNEM decided to end his accommodation.
- “WNEM did not terminate Frank Turner,” the station said in a statement to Insider.