Sumary of Active cases of Covid near 50,000 again:
- ISLAMABAD: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has expressed satisfaction over the measures the Sindh government has taken to stem the spread of coronavirus cases and advised all other provinces as well to ensure enforcement of Covid-related standard operating procedures on Eidul Azha.
- As the total number of active cases across the country rose close to 50,000 for a fourth time since the beginning of the pandemic in February 2020, the NCOC also decided to keep vaccination centres closed only on the first day of Eid.
- The number of active cases surged to 49,929 from 48,850 in a day, with detection of 2,145 more cases as around 1,029 fully recovered during this time.
- As the number of active cases surged close to the 50,000 mark, it is worth mentioning that the country recorded such serious situation just weeks before or at the peak of the previous waves of coronavirus in Pakistan.
- Last year during the first wave, 49,965 and 108,642 active cases were recorded on June 2 and July 1, respectively.
- The second wave reached its peak when 49,780 active cases were recorded on Dec 1, 2020. During the third wave, 50,397 and 90,553 active cases were recorded on March 30 and April 30, respectively.