Sumary of Active COVID-19 count increases slightly as Alberta records 81 new cases Wednesday:
- There has been a slight increase in the number of active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
- There are now 649 active cases of COVID-19 — up from 606 on Tuesday.
- Alberta recorded 81 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, after more than 6,400 tests were completed.
- Story continues below There were no additional COVID-19-related deaths reported to Alberta Health in the last 24 hours.
- Alberta’s vaccination rate remained relatively unchanged from Tuesday to Wednesday, with 74.9 per cent of eligible Albertans having received one dose of vaccine and 63.7 per cent fully immunized.
- Alberta ‘hitting a wall’ when it comes to COVID-19 vaccinations: epidemiologists Alberta Health released its latest data on the effectiveness of vaccines Wednesday, which shows that since Jan.
- 1, 96 per cent of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 were in people either unvaccinated or diagnosed within two weeks of receiving their first dose.
- 1, 86.8 per cent of COVID-19 deaths were in unvaccinated people or people who were diagnosed within two weeks of receiving their first dose.