Sumary of Aegean islands aim to become first fully vaccinated areas of Greece:
- Areas of Greece as vaccination efforts intensify in tourist destinations hoping for an influx of summer visitors..
- “Precisely because they’re so difficult to get supplies to, we decided to vaccinate entire populations in one go with the aim that when they begin receiving tourists permanent residents are fully vaccinated and protected.”.
- “It requires a specific process involving lots of people … each one is a special mission from the moment boxes leave our warehouses.”.
- On Lipsi, part of the southern Aegean Dodecanese chain, Fotis Mangos, the island mayor, proudly proclaims there has been “only one case”.
- With the island, like the Greek economy at large hugely dependent on tourism, Mangos said the vaccination programme – codenamed Freedom – had elicited overwhelming support….