Sumary of Alberta health officials investigating 2 workplace outbreaks of P1 coronavirus variant:
- Alberta public health officials are investigating two workplace outbreaks of the P1 variant of the coronavirus first detected in Brazil, Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Monday..
- Hinshaw, the province’s chief medical officer of health, said one outbreak has been linked to three confirmed cases of the P1 variant, while the other outbreak has one confirmed case of the same variant..
- I also want to update Albertans on the <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/COVID19AB?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#COVID19AB</a>.
- Officials have identified 26 COVID-19 cases among employees at those three sites and their household contacts, Hinshaw said..
- PTW Energy Services confirmed in a statement that three employees had tested positive for the P1 variant at its Drayton Valley, Edson and Hinton offices..
- The Calgary-based company, which provides fabrication, construction and maintenance services, said that on becoming aware of the outbreak, it was ensuring employees with symptoms get tested, isolate and follow Alberta Health Services (AHS) protocols..
- AHS working with companies Alberta Health Services has been working with both companies to ensure those at risk of exposure are offered testing and help with quarantines, Hinshaw said….