Sumary of Alberta identifies 313 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday as province prepares for Stage 2 reopening:
- Alberta identified 313 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday and five additional deaths from the disease, as the province prepares to move into Stage 2 of its “Open for Summer”.
- 2:02 City of Edmonton to reopen facilities as COVID-19 restrictions ease City of Edmonton to reopen facilities as COVID-19 restrictions ease Alberta has now administered 3,157,862 doses of COVID-19 vaccine..
- So far, 67.2 per cent of Albertans 12 and older have received one dose of vaccine and 15.7 per cent of the same age group is fully vaccinated with two doses..
- That translates to 57.3 per cent of Alberta total population with one dose of vaccine and 13.4 per cent fully vaccinated..
- The threshold for Stage 2 was that two weeks had passed since 60 per cent of eligible Albertans age 12 and older have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and that hospitalizations from disease are below 500 and declining..
- Stage 2 increases capacity limits at retail stores, allows walk-ins at personal wellness services and allows for indoor dining again at restaurants, with some public health measures still in place….