Sumary of Alberta premier supports federal assistance for Canadian airlines:
- Alberta Premier Jason Kenney supports the federal government announcement Sunday that it would provide financial aid for the Canadian airline industry if carriers refund passengers whose flights were cancelled..
- “Here in Alberta, the impacts have been felt disproportionately given that we are home to WestJet head office, one of our most important employers,”.
- Airlines have cancelled numerous pre-booked trips, offering passengers credits or vouchers instead of refunds since March..
- The Canadian Transportation Agency received 8,000 complaints between mid-March and the end of August, most of which are believed to be related to refunds..
- Court denies request to dismiss case involving flight refunds, Canadian Transportation Agency Passengers have also filed a handful of proposed class-action lawsuits and three petitions garnering more than 100,000 signatures that call for customer reimbursement..
- “We are ready to establish a process with major airlines regarding financial assistance which could include loans and potentially other support to secure important results for Canadians,”.
- READ MORE:Court denies request to dismiss case involving flight refunds, Canadian Transportation Agency Alberta-based WestJet has announced it will refund travellers whose flights have been cancelled due to the pandemic….