Sumary of Alyssa suffered a stroke after her COVID jab, but still thinks vaccination is the solution:
- But that’s what happened after Alyssa suffered a rare case of blood clotting as a result of having the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- “I thought [the vaccine] was the best option to protect me and add some protection to my family to get out of this [pandemic].
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has confirmed the clots that caused Alyssa’s stroke are linked to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- Read more about the vaccine rollout:This week, the TGA recorded two new deaths from the clotting syndrome associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine.
- In its latest weekly Vaccine Safety Report, the TGA said there have been 87 cases of clotting from the 6.1 million doses of AstraZeneca administered in Australia.
- The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends that the Pfizer vaccine is still preferred over the AstraZeneca vaccine for people aged between 16 and 60 years old.
- LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Queensland COVID-19 snapshot:Confirmed cases so far: 1,761Deaths: 7Tests conducted: 3,198,915Active cases: 36Latest information from Queensland Health.