Sumary of Amid coronavirus surge, US medical leaders urge Americans to ‘scale back’ holiday gatherings in open letter:
- Scale back holiday gatherings this year, urged several leading medical and health organizations in an open letter to the American people as coronavirus cases surge across the country..
- “With Thanksgiving and the holiday season fast approaching and a deadly COVID-19 pandemic surging, we — the physicians, nurses, hospital and health system leaders and public health professionals on the front lines of this pandemic — strongly urge everyone throughout our country to celebrate responsibly, in a scaled-back fashion that limits the virus spread, to help reduce the risk of infecting friends, family and others you love,”.
- Scale back holiday gatherings this year, urged several leading medical and health organizations in an open letter to the American people..
- (iStock) The medical leaders said that since the pandemic began, the spread of COVID-19 “has followed a similar pattern around holidays and mass gatherings.”.
- The record-shattering surge underway is resulting in uncontrolled community spread and infection that has already overburdened health systems in some areas and will ultimately consume capacity of our health care system and may reduce the availability of care in many places in our country,”.
- “We are all weary and empathize with the desire to celebrate the holidays with family and friends, but given the serious risks, we underscore how important it is to wear masks, maintain physical distancing and wash your hands….